We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
Shadowrun Wiki:Community Portal
Shadowrun Wiki is a community project run entirely by volunteers to provide information for the game.
Our community of editors is open to anyone. If you would like to join in:
Cursed fixers[edit source]
Starting a Discussion[edit source]
This page has a lot of detail about how to help around the wiki. Anyone have an idea on how to start a discussion? -- Zac Ample 18:07, 26 August 2073 (UTC)
- Hoi Chummer, it looks like you've started one without realizing it. Simple as that - Ben Wu 11:21, 28 August 2073(UTC)
Would someone who can edit the front page please add the following links?
A [[Shadowrun: Hong Kong characters|Characters]] link under the Shadowrun: Hong Kong section
- A [[Shadowrun: Hong Kong cyberware|Cyberware]] link under the Shadowrun: Hong Kong section
- A [[Shadowrun: Dragonfall cyberware|Cyberware]] link under the Shadowrun: Dragonfall section
- Who can edit the home page?
- I made these 2 page:
- But if people see what's on the home page now they'll assume there's no info on the wiki and leave. There's little point in working on this wiki unless the home page is updated.
Peko666 17:22, 1 September 2015 (CET)
- I just signed up to help develop the wiki and have spent the past few hours updating some pages (most notably, weapons lists). I've seen several amazing games suffer for lack of a well-organised "easy-to-find-stuff" wiki, and since I adore the Shadowrun games I really wanted to help out here. However, as mentioned above, with no way to edit the front page, it seems like a waste of time, especially for Hong Kong pages which don't even have the basic links that the older games do there (weapons, etc.). How can I edit the front page to point to the new links, or else get someone to do it for us?
- Also, where do we go to talk to those who "run" this wiki? I am wanting to fix all the weapon stats, as right now most weapons/item pages have stats that apply to just one game (Shadowrun Returns, Dragonfall or Hong Kong), and I want to know what is the best way to fix this? Should there be separate item pages for each version of each weapon (example: "Beretta Model 70 (SRR)", "Beretta Model 70 (SRD)", "Beretta Model 70 (SRHK)")? Or should there be multiple stat infoboxes on each item page, one for each game? Not every item has different stats for each game, but enough do that this needs to be factored into the wiki so that it doesn't present the "wrong" info (i.e. a gun's stats for SRR that are incorrect for SRHK).
- With the Front Page unlocked by Tagaziel, I was finally able to get the links sorted out.
- I'm the one who started adding most of the tables. Tagaziel did the Outfits table. The collapsible templates were already here. Peko666 created a Cyberware table after I had already created one unfortunately since the link wasn't up. He did some good work and had some good points. I'm going to continue working on merging the two when I get a chance. I've been busy with real life so I haven't been able to continue playing the game to get the info I need for continuing to update the tables. Thanks for helping with that Banjo. As for the weapons, let's go with multiple stat infoboxes on each weapon page. --Trifler500 (talk) 02:28, 16 October 2015 (UTC)