Blitz is a character and crew member in Shadowrun: Dragonfall.
Background[edit | edit source]
An expert Decker and a one-time member of the Schwarze Herzen gang that ran the Kesselhaus, Blitz decided to go independent when his crew was wiped out by the new management at the hotel. When interrogated, he reveals that he was actually responsible for the attack that wiped out his old gang, after the change in management resulted in him being marked for death. Blitz leaked all the data he had to a rival organization, which hit the Herzen, hard. After flattening the opposition, the new managers of the Kesselhaus decided that Blitz was more valuable on the spot and thus effectively imprisoned him within the walls of the hotel.
Eventually, his girlfriend Emilie will reveal that his real name is Lukas.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Blitz contacts you at the end of the Kesselhaus run, offering access to the gang's vault in exchange for cover while he makes a run for it. With Gang Etiquette, you can learn about his involvement with the gang and pressure him for information. After clearing the corridor to the vault of three gangers, you enter inside (courtesy of Blitz' own backdoor) and... Face an unforeseen complication: An autocannon, a drone, and a juiced-up berserk troll.
- If you pilfered the damaged drone from the vault and brought it to Ellit for repairs, she will reveal that it has a custom AIOS installed that will cause it to obey commands from just one person. Turns out, that person is Blitz. He will ask for her back.
- Blitz will ask about the possibility of more work, to cover his expenses. Although he claims he has expensive tastes, if pressed he will reveal that he is in debt, due to services rendered by his contacts, involving a girl. He met Emilie in the Drogenkippe. She was a natural talent in technics - and the first person to cause Blitz to value someone more than himself. Then, one day, she up and left with most of his gear, leaving one note behind - "Leave me alone." He racked up the debt moving the earth and heavens to find her, to no avail.
- After a run passes, you can follow up on Emilie and then either encourage him to look for her or have him walk away from the deal. Finally, he will uncover a special message from Emilie and decide to go after her. With Decking 5, you can decide to join him in his efforts, but he will insist this is his job alone.
- Finally, he gets a message from her telling him to lay off. If you continue to investigate, it will turn out that Blitz can find her - and promptly fucks it up, endangering her and breaking a five-year-long operation by the Schockenwellenreiter, and permanently ending their relationship. You can help Blitz change for the better - or drive him into the ground. On the other hand you can convince him to back away and his patience is rewarded when she returns to reunite with Blitz after Schockenwellenreiter's success operation.
- During the attack on the Kreuzbasar, he is not involved with the direct counterattack on Audran's men, as he's restoring communications together with Maliit Holyey.
Loyalty quest[edit | edit source]
- His expenses catch up with him after the second major run. Meat Grinder sends him two thumbs as a warning to start paying up. Blitz opens up about the need for money - and offers to set up a run targeted at the Landenberg Ring in the Drogenkippe, to get enough cash to pay them off. You can agree to help him - there's no profit to be made, but experience and the chance to help a man out. Of course, Blitz will be acting as mission control, rather than providing backup on the ground. However, do note that Blitz himself would be running the Matrix at some parts of the run. See Settling Debts for more details.
- After the run, you can talk to Blitz and if you acquired the mystery box, give it to him. Turns out, it's a master key for all communication protocols, unlocking more possibilities.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Blitz is a jack-of-all-trades; you are advised to invest in his Decking due to requirements from his personal quest.
Character upgrades[edit | edit source]
|Level||Upgrade options||Other bonuses|
-1 target armor
+3% accuracy (6% total)
+1 ESP Control
Upgrades Blitz's deck to a Fairlight Excalibur
Hydraulic jack: +4 move speed when used
-3 damage received when jacked-in
Mark Target reduces target armor by 2